Remove a tag from multiple products in Shopify
When you import products from WooCommerce, the Woo Importer app automatically add a tag like 'woo_import_1' to all products. This is done so you can manage the imported products and easily delete duplicates if you run an import twice.
However, once your products are all setup you'll probably want to remove the tag so customers don't see it when they look at products to your site. It's easy remove a tag from multiple products in the Shopify admin by doing the following:
- Go to the product page in your shop's admin
- Click on the Filter products button next to the search box
- In the search box, choose Tagged with from the dropdown menu and type in woo_import_1 (or whatever tag you are using) in the text box. It should look something like this:
- Click on Add filter, the search will update and you will only see products tagged with your tag
- Click on the checkbox below the search options to select all products:
- Once you select all the products, an Edit products button that appears. Click on the dropdown arrow to the right of Edit products:
- In the dropdown, chose the Remove tags option. A popup will appear where you can choose the tag you want to remove:
- Enter the tag, click Apply changes and you're all set. If you have a large number of products it might take a couple minutes for Shopify to remove all the products in the background.
If you still see the tag listed on a collections page
In some rare cases you might still see the deleted tag on the frontend of your site when you view all the collections (e.g https://myshopname.shopify.com/collections/all). This occurs because of a bug in Shopify where old tag names aren't immediately forgotten.
If this happens to you you can regenerate the 'all' collection by following the instructions on https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/collections/change-catalog-page to 'Reorder products on your catalog page'. Once you create a new 'all' collection, any deleted tags should disappear.
If you need to make other edits to your products
We've developed another app, the Bulk Editor that allows you to edit multiple products from either a custom search or by uploading a CSV field. For example, you can tell the app to 'decrease the price of all products tagged with "Sale" by 10%'. You can make unlimited edits during the free trial if you install the app from the Shopify App Store.
Don't have the app yet? Get it here