Importing Product Reviews from WooCommerce to Shopify
When you move your store from WooCommerce to Shopify you might want to transfer your product reviews as well. Unfortunately Shopify doesn't have a product reviews feature built-in but they've provided a free Product Review app which can help.
Once you've imported your products with the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app you can download a CSV file that is formatted so you can quickly upload it to the Product Reviews app. The CSV file will include all product reviews from your WooCommerce site and will link them to the correct products on your Shopify store.
Exporting WooCommerce Product Reviews
Once you've imported your products to Shopify with the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app follow these steps to export a CSV file of your WooCommerce reviews:
- Open up the Ablestar WooCommerce Importer app, then click on Previous imports and click Manage
- Scroll down the page to the Product Reviews section and click on the Export Product Reviews
3. The app will now export your reviews.
4. Finally, download your CSV file by clicking the Download CSV button.
Note: The reviews on WooCommerce don't have to have a rating, but for the Shopify reviews app they do. You can fill in these missing values with a rating (1 through 5) if you want the reviews to be transferred.
Importing Product Reviews
- Once the app is installed and you have the CSV file with your product reviews, open up the Shopify's Product Review app
- Click on Import reviews link
3. On the pop-up window click on Choose File button
4. After you select the CSV file with your product reviews, hit the Import reviews button
After the import process is finished, the product reviews are listed.
Don't have the app yet? Get it here