Disabling Automatic Order Fulfillments
When you migrate orders to Shopify you don't want existing customers to receive a notification that an order was created. By default customers will not receive an email when you import orders but if you've made changes to the Checkout settings in your Shopify admin you may need to change something before importing orders.
To make sure customers don't receive orders when you run an import do the following:
- In the Shopify admin go to Settings -> Checkout
- Scroll down to the Order processing section
- You'll see some settings for what to do after an order has been paid:
- Make sure that 'Automatically fulfill the order's line items' is NOT checked.
- Save the settings if you've made any changes
Now you can import the orders and notifications won't be sent to customers.